Piggy-Back Primer

PDQ03E

Re: Piggy-Back Primer

Post by PDQ03E »

Ok - Made all the changes - over all feels good; not a rocket - but dose have legs!!!!
1)Tach works fine again ,
2)have not gotten the lean on bank 1 dtc
3)but have begun getting P2610 - powertrain M/PCM internal engine off timer performance....
4)noticing a "klunk" in the trans during deceleration (almost at stop) feels like a late unlocking of the torque converter..
5)still no illumination of the dash gear selector past Neutral- but that has been inherent to the modded ecu since the start.
I did not swap the rsx injectors in yet - maybe tomorrow. I had better pickup than before, once on the highway she begins to move. 70mph is ~3k rpm, took it to 90mph 4k rpm
Merging onto the highway is better if the O/D button is disengaged to gain rpm and speed.
Audiophyle

Re: Piggy-Back Primer

Post by Audiophyle »

If conn E pin #7 is the backup memory power then they can be shared, but the S-ecu doesnt really need to remember anything so no harm leaving it unhooked.

My guess would be the ECU determines tranny issues based on the engine parameters & if they match what the tranny controller is trying to do, i dont think there is communication back & forth between the ecu & tranny. Another issue will be the S ecu will be throwing tons of error codes because it only sees a fraction of what the engine is doing & has zero control over it.

Did you hook conn A pin 7 to the S ecu? (crank sensor) Locking/unlocking torque converter is an rpm based opperation, the clunk would make sense if the S ecu doesnt know what the rpms are.

Any chance you can update your wiring list & repost it so we know what wires are hooked to what now?
Typing it out would be immensly helpful, something like...
Connector A
Pin 1- K & S ecu, such & such sensor
Pin 2- K ecu, such & such sensor
Etc, etc,
May take a while the first time, but updating it as you go will be very fast & will help others troubleshoot with you.

Return to “General Hardware Questions”