2-Step Limit to Restart Settings

turbo9589

2-Step Limit to Restart Settings

Post by turbo9589 »

My question involves the the Basic 2-step (RPM low limit) and the settings for Limit and Restart.
The vehicle with it will be a 9th gen NA Accord V6, but I know these settings are available for most platforms.
It seems from what I'm seeing online that some are using the 2-step just to sound cool and not actually for launching the car. To each his own. To accomplish the "cool sound" folks are setting the "Limit" and "Restart" very close to each other. I've found "tutorials" from YouTubers suggesting setting it at the same value or 50RPM different (ie: Limit: 4850 w/ Restart: 4850 or Limit: 4850 w/ Restart: 4800).
The OTS tune has a difference of 200RPM between limit/restart.
With all that said, finally my questions. Is it more damaging to have the limit and restart RPMs closer together? Does the RPM range have an affect on the amount of damage? (ie: limit 3750 restart 3700 vs limit 4900 restart 4850) With such close Limit to Restart values, is it better to utilize fuel cut or ignition?
Thanks in advance!
KTuner
Site Admin

Re: 2-Step Limit to Restart Settings

Post by KTuner »

200 is a default Honda uses, so we adopt as well. If you want it to be faster, change to a closer spread. There's nothing wrong with it. Honda's cut is a fuel cut by default.
turbo9589

Post by turbo9589 »

After removing all of the cats, I decided to play around with ignition cut...only to find the option is not available for my vehicle ('17 Accord V6 AT). I noticed this response to another ignition cut inquiry referencing the uncheckable grey boxes, albeit for a Civic - "That would suggest the feature exists, but just isn't being given to you, which is not what that means. Greyed out means it's not available on the platform." - KTuner - Bearing that in mind, is the feature still not something that can be added to the J35Y1 platform for '13-'17 Accord V6s?
KTuner
Site Admin

Post by KTuner »

AT does not need a 2-step, as it can't launch from the limiter, so no it's not being looked into.

Return to “KTuner Reflash”